Monday, July 14, 2008

Elder Nelson is on his way to FL

So Alex is on his way to Florida... He took off at around 10:00 am...just moments ago. We did talk to him and that was so great! I am glad I didn't go to the airport, I probably would have cried the whole time. It was wonderful to talk to him though. He is very excited to be out of the MTC and going to Florida. This week weather forcast is for thunder showers for the next week. Tracting in the rain will definately be a new experience for him. So, please keep him in your prayers (and all the missionaries out there). And don't forget to pray for the families of the missionaries too... we sure need it!

Oh and just a side note about the animals they leave behind... On sunday after we got home from church, Marley came home from her trip with Chris's family to Bear Lake in Northern Utah. Mokey got very excited when he saw that Marley was home. And then Mokey sat by the garage door looking at it like he was expecting Alex to come home. I know Mokey knew that Alex was the only one NOT home and he sits and waits at the garage door, like he thinks someone is going to come thru it. I know he misses Alex. This was not the first time since Alex has been gone that he has done it. Poor puppy. Also Alex gave Mokey a stuffed animal before he left. Usually Mokey chews the toys to pieces, even sock toys are chewed into string all over the house... but Mokey will play with this toy and take very good care of it. I think he knows it is from Alex and maybe smells Alex on the toy. It is amazing that he is acting so different with it. I know he misses Alex.

2 comments:

Cricket said...

I'm so happy that Alex is going to my home town. I know the people of Orlando will be taught well by a missionary who has a strong testimony. And you are right...he does look very happy.

Glad you liked Brandon's Blog. Brittany does a good job keeping it up to date.

Take care,
Cricket

Unknown said...

Hi there Nelson family,
I hope its okay that i looked up your blog it was so nice to see you all when I was in Utah. I love seeing the pictures of Elder Nelson he sure has grown up to a nice looking young man. How nice that you got to hear his voice one more time. I know that only 2 times a year is going to be so hard for me. But I think it sure is a great thing that we have young men that can go and serve the Lord that helps on the days when I'm sad and lonely for Brandon.
well thanks again and take care.

Lis

Our Family