Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Faith

It is 3 o'clock in the morning and I am sitting here at the computer watching the monsterous greens, yellows and reds on the little map of central Florida swirling towards the words ORLANDO. They are still a bit south of those words and so I am sure it is still clear sky's in Orange City where Alex now lives. But I know it WILL, within a few hours, engulf the words and cover the whole area that Alex now calls home. I knew this would happen, sometime within the 2 years he is going to be gone, I just hoped it wouldn't be so soon. Last year the hurricanes were few and far between, the year before that, there hardly seemed to be a break for the poor people in Florida.

Having a son living in the area makes me think of all the people who live there and who are having to adjust their lives to deal with this monster that is bearing down on them. I pray for them. I know SOMEONE else's son or daughter is serving in the very spot that the hurricane is now... I pray for them. I know, that after it has safely passed Orange City, it will be headed towards the north, and though Alex will be safe, someone else's child will be affected by the storm. I will add my faith and prayers for all those nameless people, and those whose names I know, to those of the other family members who are sitting at the computer watching the swirling greens, yellows and reds over the state of Florida.

No comments:

Our Family