Thursday, August 21, 2008

Still Swirling.....

Another day has gone by and Fay has decided to hang out in central Florida a little longer. The eye of the storm is almost directly over Orange City, where Alex now lives. I have watched the colors swirling around Orange City turn from orange/yellow to dark/light green. That is a good thing and soon, if the storm continues on its present path, it will be clear and calm over Alex house. But that will only last a little while, because sooner or later, the storm will progress to the north and the strong, damaging winds of the storm will once again engulf Orange City. North Melbourne has had approx 30 inches of rain. Normally that includes the swells from the ocean, but they said this is purely from the rain. North Melbourne is just to the south east of Orange City. I am trying to be faithful, but I guess I am not doing a very good job. And I know that elsewhere in the world, other disasters are going on. So please pray for the missionaries... and their families. Thank you!

1 comment:

Cricket said...

Lori,
I just talked to my sister and things are pretty good for now. She is in Cocoa Beach. A lot of rain and strong winds but so far so good. You know Alex is in our prayers. Heavenly Father is watching over him.....and you!
Hugs,
Cricket

Our Family